Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Do you want a good advice? Or what to do with pigeons on your balcony.

 400+ Free City Pigeons & Dove Images - Pixabay  I am  not good at giving advice. I usually think that there are people who are more experienced and sophisticated than me for that. May be that's true, may be not. May be we all have to share our experiences in life - good or bad. That way we can make somebody's life easier and may be help other people a little or a lot. It depends. 

   When I moved to the 8th floor in my current apartment I never thought that somebody lived on my balcony before me. I put my glass table there and couple of chairs and a convenient shelf on wheels to put some decorations on my balcony. I had an artificial flower in a basket I put that one on my balcony too. 

   And then they came - pigeons. Looks like a nice bird until you know better. They started to mark their territory right away with lots of poop - on my shelf, near my flower. They avoided my glass table though and that gave me an idea. I bought several cheap mirrors and put them around on my balcony so any pigeon who sits on my balcony will see his reflection in one of my mirrors and probably will think that there is another pigeon there already and will try to avoid contact. They don't like to fight and always give space to each other I think. 

   I am still do not have enough mirrors to cover all my balcony but most territory with mirrors they try to avoid. I still need two or three mirrors and then as my friend says - I need put some coffee and cookies so my pigeons can have a party there. But seriously I think it works nicely. I have much less invasion on my balcony and they all try to avoid mirrors. 

   Do you think it's a good idea or am I totally nuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment