Thursday, August 5, 2010

How I ordered a new Internet connection or...


...what's my mothers maiden name?


You might ask me: what is the link between Internet and my mother's name? I can tell you: it is very important to know it, because if you forget it, how you are supposed to get a new Internet connection or telephone line?


I am tired of good old Rogers. I've had it for 10 years I think(the Internet connection), and now with new technologies and companies, I need something new too, because old Rogers charges me more and more on top of it's current plan and other companies promise to give you more, at least it looks like it.


After some thinking and "googling"I called to Distributel, http://www.distributel.ca/ as they advertise unlimited bandwidth. Don't ask me , what it means, I do not know. Tried to learn, still don't know. Beyond my understanding, too stupid, I guess, technologically challenged, to be polite. But never mind. The fact is if it costs less, I'll take it. I need to save some money, at least money, that I do not have, because money that I have, well, not enough for anything.


Okay, to make long story short, I ordered their service on July 29 by phone. Today is August 5 and I am still waiting for somebody somehow to show up. Please, guys, show that you are genuine. Do something. Connect something to something, so I do not have to call you every day and diligently tell you my mothers name.


Are you absolutely sure, that you need to ask me it every day?


I've paid you already, just come,please.


No, life is not that simple. I have to call them again, today.


It's like a secret game, I just have to know the rules. I will call them and they will ask me my mother's name, as it is very important for them to know.


Do you want to know it too? No way! I cannot tell it. Its a very important secret between me and Distributel, ask them.


I already paid them $130 dollars for the right to ask me every day when I call them my mothers name. I hope one day they will get tired of asking me that, or may be they will remember it at last and just will come and connect me to a cheaper version of Internet.


I really and truly need it. Cross my heart, and hope to die, no kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment