Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to the drawing board...


Well, I cancelled Distributel, with regret I should say, because I really needed a cheaper Internet connection, but their speed is too slow in comparison with Rogers. They were giving me 2Mb and Rogers 7Mb. I was afraid to lose some functionality on my computer.
I do not want a bad service, I want a good one.
Rogers is good. They just too darn greedy, they want us to pay for everything. I do not even want to try Distributel, because then it will be hassle to cancel and order again and question is open still: what should I order and what should I get for my money?
Distributel very decently returned my deposit without any delay and they earnestly told me about their speed, so I cannot complain. I just don't know, where should I go with my question and I still do not want to pay Rogers extra for my bandwidth.
It's enough, that they've caught me with that telephone contract for a year. I cannot cancel that without paying fines. Very smart move, Rogers. One more loyal customer for you, congratulations! May be I should join http://www.ihaterogers.ca/ as I am not the only one who is a"happy" customer of Rogers.
I am sure, that for the money they are charging us, they could at least educate us, stupid customers, sending us some informative brochures, explaining us how to use our connections to our advantage, what we need to have and why. Instead they make their plans large and complicated, but how many customers really understand, what they are paying for? Then they could really have loyal customers.
I hate wasting money and with this new technology I feel lost in space. I cancelled my cable TV, but now I am charged for bandwidth, I am not even sure what it is and how to measure it, but I am paying for it and it irritates me immensely.
I hate feeling stupid, but I do feel like that. Every time I try to save some money, I am getting something else to pay for. Is it my fault? Should I just use dial-up for my Internet connection and be happy with it? Am I missing something? Or am I just turning into informational junky and I need the Internet connection 24 hours a day like a dope for a real junky? May be yes, may be no.
I know that $100 a month turns into a thousand+ a year and I have to earn those money before I spend it. I better spend it good. So back to the drawing board... who's next on line to be my Internet provider?

No comments:

Post a Comment